[Review] Nature Republic Provence Calendula Sun Block SPF 50+ PA+++


It's summer time and you know what that means... harsher sunlight & UV rays! It is extremely important to use sunblock to protect your skin.  Nature Republic's daily sunblock is a product I keep in my backpack and use everyday on my face. I picked up this natural skincare product when my local mall had its grand opening for this popular S. Korean brand. As you see the product, you are probably wondering what the heck does "provence calendula" mean...well, keep reading and find out!


Full Product Name: Nature Republic Provence Calendula Sun Block SPF 50+ PA+++
-
Packaging: Plastic yellow tube with screw cap
-

-
Weight: 57 ml
-
How to Use: Apply to face/body to protect yourself from the sun. (Clean hands!)
-
Thoughts: 
Because I live in sunny SoCal, I never leave the house without putting on sunblock and wearing some nice shades. I care about my skin and eyes, and I know how harmful the UV sun rays are. Sunblock is great for protecting your skin; it lessens the harshness of the rays and lowers the chance of you getting sun damage, skin cancer, sunburns and premature aging. This is why I put on sunblock religiously. Even when the sun is not out, I make sure that I apply a little bit.


I specifically use this product on my face because I know Nature Republic's products are natural and used with less chemicals. In particular, this product is particularly interesting with it including "provence calendula". After googling the terms, I found out that provence is an area of southeastern France. Calendula is a yellow flower that is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. This sun block, in addition to protecting your skin from the sun, can heal the skin. Also, it has a pink base so it can make your skin appear more fresh-looking. This explains why I feel like my skin looks really good after every application.


Back to this product's sun block properties, it has a good amount of sun protection with its powerful SPF 50+ PA+++. The sunblock feels light and has less of a sunblock scent. When I apply it, I noticed that my face is moist and not sticky, which I think is a must have feeling when applying sun block. I usually apply it twice a day, since I am mostly indoors. I have yet to conclude if this product gives me pimples, but so far it has done a good job not causing this issue. I also do wonder if calendula does anything for my face and if it has anything to do with it not being waterproof....

Overall, my expectations for this product is a positive since it does what is suppose to. My only complaint is how it is not waterproof, because sunblocks are usually water resistant. Sweating, activities in water, or having an oily face would not work well with this product since you would have to keep reapplying if you were outside.

Thank you for reading!

-
TL;DR:

Pro(s): calendula ingredient (?), pink base, moist but not sticky feeling, SPF 50+
Con(s): sunblock scent, not waterproof
-
Where to get this product: 
*Nature Republic store locations
*Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment